The natural path
If you want to rely less on chemicals for food, medicine, and cleaning and beauty supplies, don’t learn the hard way that some ‘natural’ products may be dangerous for you or your family.
Author Porche Berry dove into a deeper exploration of natural health after discovering her child’s sensitivity to pharmaceuticals and following a close call with an essential oil. However, she had begun watching nutrition shows when she was only ten. Over the years, she has seen pharmaceuticals repeatedly fail family members and friends.
You inherit genes from both parents. That’s genetics. Epigenetics is everything else that can impact how those genes carry out their jobs. Epigenetics can impact your genes for your entire life. Diet, stress level, exposure to toxins—these and other factors all can impact gene expression. The Natural Path helps you take control of many epigenetic factors. The book goes from a broad exploration of the factors affecting your health to simple techniques and recipes for making herbal medicine at home.
The book includes resources for further learning. “Believe it or not you ARE capable of learning how to read the scientific studies and becoming skilled at first-line interventions for the health of your family and yourself,” says Berry. What the book doesn’t include are recommendations on brands.
The remedies covered have been chosen because of their safety profile, says the author. “I wanted to make a resource that catered to the needs of expectant mothers and families with young children.” She had learned that popular remedies can be dangerous, so the book includes a lot of safety information.
- Diet and nutrition—diet types, superfoods, macronutrients, pre- and probiotics, GMOs
- Household cleaners and personal grooming products, with room-by-room alternatives
- Alternative healing methods
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Essential Oils
- How they’re made, how to use, dilution ratios, purity, and ‘therapeutic grade’
- Safe for pregnancy and young children
- Safe for pregnancy but not young children
- Safe for young children but not pregnancy
- Non-herbal remedies, from colloidal silver and activated charcoal to zinc and bee pollen
- Herbs—vocabulary and profiles on 25 herbs
- Possible issues affecting healing
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Essential oil and herbal blend recipes.
If you’re ready to offer your family more natural alternatives while keeping them safe, buy The Natural Path today.